Wednesday, April 14, 2010

A contest -- avec prizes!

Some of you may have noticed that I've done a little decorating around the place of late, adding to the sidebar portraits of some of my favorite faces from the movies I've reviewed over the years. (For the many more of you who didn't notice, they're way down at the bottom there, filling the black void beneath the Followers list.) Since then, it's occurred to me that it might be fun to see how well you all could do at identifying the movies that those pictures came from. Anyone who'd like to give it a try, just send me an email at luchadiaries[at]gmail[dot]com, listing the titles that correspond to those of the 31 pictures you can identify, going from top to bottom. In a week hence, I'll gift the person who correctly I.D.'d the most movies with a pre-owned, slightly loved copy of Pete Tombs' tough-to-find Mondo Macabro book, and a brand new, unopened VCD of Suet Nei's first Dark Heroine Muk Lan-fa film. What? Keep in mind that I only need the correct film titles, not the name of the character pictured, the actor, or any other production information.

Also keep in mind that all of these pictures come from movies I've reviewed either on 4DK or Teleport City, which means that all you'd have to do to identify every single one of them is scroll through hundreds upon hundreds of posts, carefully studying all of the hundreds upon hundreds of screen caps that appear within them. Of course, given that the prize at stake here is not something like a house or a new car, but rather just a couple of items that I spied while looking around my apartment just now, you might be well advised not to invest so much effort, and to instead just fall back upon your powers of recall and guestimation. (Still, I don't know, that Tombs book... pret-ty hard to find, is all I'm sayin'.)

Okay, have at it folks. I'll be announcing our proud winner a week from today.

No comments: