Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Funky Bollywood event in SF next week


For those of you bay area residents who missed the gala Funky Bollywood launch party last month, or who simply wanted to relive it in all it's resplendence, I have good news. I have once again been given the opportunity to ruin pristine copies of my book Funky Bollywood: The Wild World of 1970's Action Cinema with my childlike scrawl while ranting confusingly about its contents. The event will be taking place next Thursday, May 28th, from 7 to 10pm and is being hosted by Folio Books, a fine independent bookseller located in San Francisco's Noe Valley. That's right, San Franciscans, I said Noe Valley; it would seem that even the stroller and yoga mat set needs a little Funky Bollywood in their lives.

If you're interested in going, which I sincerely hope you are, Folio Books is located at 3957 24th Street, between Sanchez and Noe Streets (right across from the Whole Foods!) According to the hosts, the night, in addition to the usual chatting and signing, will also include "drinks" and "dancing". To the drinks I say, "Yes, please." To the dancing... well, there will have to be a lot of drinks, is all I'm saying. Oh, it's also free.

The Facebook event page for "A Bollywood Celebration with Todd Stadtman" at Folio books can be found here.

No comments: